Tuesday, April 10, 2007


Quiet Morning In Davis

I've been here for exactly a week now, and finally I have internet access! Had a little technical problems at home, so now I'm at the CoHo (COffee HOuse) waiting for Nana to finish her Ecology class. So far I've sat in (unofficially) for three classes, Astronony, Evolution and American Literature. It was interesting, but I think I spent most of Literature praying that the lecturer wouldn't ask me a question.

Apart from classes, Davis has been interesting. Nana thinks it's quaint, I don't agree. It is cool, maybe not in a Manhattan-style way, but it's different. No surprise that there're lots of college kids around, because it is a college town to begin with. I can't wait for this Saturday, it's the most awaited event on the Davis calendar - Picnic Day. One of the pre-events is a cow-milking contest tomorrow.

We took an intercity trip yesterday to Fairfield. Now most people have never heard of Fairfield, because there is absolutely nothing to see or do there, except for the Jelly Belly factory! And the best part about it? You get free jelly beans at the end if the tour.

I'm not posting a lot of photos here on my blog, most of them should be up on SmugMug, well, at least when I have a chance to post them. Check them out, leave me comments, drop me emails... just don't stop keeping me updated!

Posted by jack at 10:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment